The Center for Environmental Research and Technology (CE-CERT) solicits applications for various scholarships once a year during the winter quarter. These awards are open to current undergraduates and to current and prospective graduate students who are or plan to be affiliated with CE-CERT. Current students must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Prospective graduate students must have completed their UCR graduate application and must be expected to work primarily at CE-CERT if they come to UCR. Other criteria vary by award; click on links below for more information. Contact Jill Barber at email@example.com with questions or for more information about these awards.
|Award Name (click for complete information and conditions)||Eligible Degree||Amount||US Citizenship|
|Undergraduate||Up to $5,000||Not Required|
|Jim Guthrie Research Award||Undergraduate||Up to $5,000||Not Required|
|Esther F. Hays Graduate Fellowship Award||Graduate||Up to $5,000||Preferred but not Required|
|Salim Khan Graduate Award||Graduate||$500||Not Required|
|Colin E. Hackett Endowed Engineering Research Graduate Award||Graduate||Up to $5,000||Not Required|
|William R. Pierson/Ford Graduate Fellowship||Graduate||Up to $5,000||Not Required|
|J. Wayne Miller and Thomas Durbin Graduate Research Award||Graduate||Up to $1,000||Not Required|
Download a copy of the application. Be sure to use the correct form for your level (graduate or undergraduate). Complete the application as directed, and email completed application by the posted deadline to Jill Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for prospective graduate students should be completed by the recruiting faculty member.
- Application Form for GRADUATE Students - ALL Awards
- Application Form for UNDERGRADUATE Students - Ford Motor Company Undergraduate Award
- Application Form for UNDERGRADUATE Students - Jim Guthrie Research Awards
Please be aware of the following, as our application process has changed:
- The application is a fillable form at this time; we plan to upgrade to a web-based platform in the future.
- ONE application for will be used for ALL graduate awards
- Save the application form to your computer BEFORE filling out the fields; this website does not support fillable forms online.
- All statements and information are to be included in a single document per the application instructions (see application form for more details; Guthrie Award applicants may use additional attachments)
- PDFs will be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 11:59pm on the date of the posted deadline.
- Friday, December 20th 2020: Application period opens
- Wednesday, January 29th , 2020 (11:59pm): Application period closes
- February 2020: Announcement of Awardees